Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Roadtrip '09 Part 2

July 14, 2009--Day 3:

We went all over Williamsburg. We saw the stocks, the whipping post and pillories at the courthouse. Across the street from the courthouse was the magazine with antique guns and supplies for the Virginia militia. We attended a performance by Thomas Jefferson. I got to shake his hand. I marched beside the parade of fifes and drums. That night we went on a ghost tour. The first story was the best. The second I didn't like: it scared me. The third was my least favorite.



Fife and Fife and Drum Corps


Jefferson and Dudeboy


I need to build one of these in the backyard

1 comment:

Aunt Pee & Uncle Charlie Dog said...

I think we need to build one of those near the chicken coop for Gurt - although he's been a pretty good rooster lately. What a great summer trip you had!