Thursday, April 10, 2008

DNA in a bottle

Wednesday we went to the Nashville Adventure Science Center for HomesCOOL Day. The theme was Forensics. First I did “Genes in a Bottle.” Dude Boy got some cheek cell DNA and put it in a bottle! It was easier than you might think. Today we looked at it with my microscope. The other session was “Are You Observant?” Merkin and I looked for clues at a crime scene (not a real one). We looked for physical evidence like fingerprints, footprints, hair, and examined the things left behind. We also played at the science center for a couple of hours. It was very, very, very fun!

4 comments:

vic said...

Malc,
What was the little bead-like thing you were holding in the top picture? The museum looks like a neat place to go to school. I didn't get to take such cool trips when I was your age. We were stuck in a yucky classroom.
Uncle Vic

Merkin J. Pus-Tart said...

"What was the little bead-like thing you were holding in the top picture? " . . . that is the bottle with his DNA.

Aunt Pee and Uncle Charlie Dog said...

Not too many kids have their DNA in a bottle. Could you clone another Malcolm with it? That wouls be awesome to have 2 Malcolms.

Avalon said...

I did this in AP Biology... my, oh my are you a smartie-pants!