Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Time Traveler

Since I am apparently somewhat compulsive, I was curious as to what battlefields Dudeboy has visited over the years. Provoking this is our recent studies of the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War. So, of course, I am starting a list of the sites he has toured. Personally, I think visiting historical sites really can cement what is learned by reading texts and such. If not too obscured by modern encroachment, one can scan the lay of the land and almost envision what took place there all those years ago. So, here is a list (which, without a doubt, will be added to) of the battlefields Dudeboy has visited.*

The American Revolution



The War of 1812
  • Burning of Washington (White House and U.S. Capitol Building), Washington DC . . . August 24, 1814
  • Fort McHenry (Battle of Baltimore), Maryland . . . September 13-14, 1814



The Civil War
*I have probably forgotten one or two, but this is still fairly impressive for a ten year old!

6 comments:

Adonis Gorr said...

That's fairly impressive for an American (regardless of age).

Merkin J. Pus-Tart said...

I told Dudeboy that I wasn't going to take him to many of the sites I have already been to . . . that way he will never catch up! HA! No Glorieta Pass or St Albans for him.

Adonis Gorr said...

I keep meaning to take the Green Mountaineers to Youngland every time they come to town but I always forget.

Merkin J. Pus-Tart said...

Well, a selling point for Youngland is that it is an octagon house. What kid doesn't want to see an octagon house!

Anonymous said...

Malc,
You may have a future as a battlefield tour guide. WOW!! What a list! I'm jealous!
Victor the Vitriolic

Aunt Pee said...

well, you ain't whistling Dixie - the list makes my head spin.