Monday, August 9, 2010

The Minister's Tree House, part 1

On the way to visit Aunt Pee and Uncle Charlie Dog (who live just outside of Wartburg!), we stopped by Crossville, Tennessee to see the Minister's Tree House. Reportedly, it is the largest tree house in the world. Great things happen when God tells crazy people to build things (think of the Kick Boodie For Jesus! amusement ride). This is the first of two photographic posts of our visit to the tree house. And when I have time, I'll edit and upload a video tour we shot as well. So, check back soon.

The bell tower. To ring the bell, one must climb a ladder . . . apparently not everyone felt inclined as I did.






Fullcourt sanctuary.




When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things . . . like tree houses.


God's word written in stone . . . er, wood.


Looking up at the maze.


Big Jesus and cross . . . look for Dr. J for scale. Photo was taken from the top.


Dudeboy giving two thumbs up at the the top.

No comments: